POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Segment Sphere (58Kb jpg) : Re: Segment Sphere (58Kb jpg) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Segment Sphere (58Kb jpg)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 23 Feb 1999 17:50:35
Message: <36D33091.6832D3C3@aol.com>
Congratulations Andy!
I saw your first post question and thought it out as you described and
knew it wouldn't work as is (the 18x18 degree surface area for all
pieces), however I was going to try the only workable way I knew how
myself. That would have been this way which I saw someone else suggest
earlier so I didn't even do it. Looks very interesting for sure.
Actually my method would have gone the way of smaller "squares" rather
than the trapezoids, but there would have been a great deal more of the
pieces. Being a bit granular at the poles too.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV