POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : lavalamp [35k] : Re: lavalamp [35k] Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:13:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lavalamp [35k]
From: Scott McDonald
Date: 23 Feb 1999 14:29:04
Message: <36D30123.DF23A1DF@metrolink.com>
Tim Glover wrote:

> Cool lamp! Nice static display.  A couple of things, tho.....
>
> If the lamp's heated up (since blobs are active, I'd say this is a good
> bet) then
> the low-viscosity liquid (the "water") will have expanded until the
> level is
> up underneath the black top cap (At least on all the lamps I own).

mine looks like this one when its on.

> Also, is the "water" clear?  It appears to be the same color as the
> "lava".
> In general, the two liquids are contrasting colors (the clear "water"
> and
> cobalt blue "lava" is cool, as is the classic yellow "water" and red
> "lava")

Mine has blue water and white blobs, and thats what textures i've
assigned to the rendering, but i agree the blobs look the same colour.
<sigh> ;)

thanks

|Colin Scott McDonald                                  Metro Link, Inc.|
|                veni, vici, volo in dominum redirre                   |
|sco### [at] metrolinkcom                                  www.metrolink.com|