POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : blood : Re: blood Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blood
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 23 Feb 1999 02:52:53
Message: <36D25E54.32298912@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
portelli wrote:

> all right I made the blood cell now is there a way to randomly place it
> in a cylinder?  I kindof adapted the macro FCWS to do it, but it does
> not conform to a cylinder yet.  I still do not understand the code
> entirely

Just my two cents!
You can set some kind of bounding sphere around each cell and stack them
into the cylinder. The algorithm you can use there should similar to the
one that had been used last year somewhere in the povray newsgroups to
stack spheres in a glas.
Then you just have to rotate them randomly.

On the other hand a bounding box should result in a denser stacking but
the algorithm for that is far more complex.

Maybe this gets you on the right track.

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler