POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : java : Re: java Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: java
From: Mike Crowe
Date: 22 Feb 1999 23:04:47
Message: <36D2298C.DC974C8@goldinc.com>
Keiron Liddle wrote:

> Is there a Java version of Povray? Is one being planned by anyone?

Well I have the same question.  I am interested in Java Distributed
computing.  I think that ray tracing might be a good candidate for this
type of computing.  I have approximately 10 healthy PC's at the office
with a 100BaseT interconnect.  What would be the best platform/version
to perform the port from?  I've looked at the MSDOS code an have seen
that it is very well documented and very object oriented already.  Being
as I have a limited number of hours to contribute to porting the code to
a distributed java environment, how do I contact people of a like mind
to work toward similar goals?

Mike