POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Map of "Where are you?" : Re: Map of "Where are you?" Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:10:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Map of "Where are you?"
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 21 Feb 1999 16:21:32
Message: <36D078B7.F68F2094@aol.com>
It's a refreshing move from the anxiety ridden posts of earlier days so
I wanted to jump in.
And I think you have sent me your lat/lon, in fact I know you have.
Must've changed your mind eh? Precision mindedness get the better of
you?
Btw, the PoV World Map is much better now, no more blue ICBM's launching
into space. And I took Ken's advice about the 3 views instead of just
too. I did some more experimenting and no 2 hemisphere map worked as
well for all points of the planet.
Thanks Ken. And thanks anyway Stephen L. but the flat world is not to be
(yet anyway).
Check out the update so far, everyone. More additions to come but the
way it's done probably isn't going to change immediately.

 http://members.aol.com/wrld0rigin/povworld.htm

PS. I made a serious mistake on the latest update at first, I had saved
to disk only not ftp so the new Place and Email fields were not added
until this afternoon.
Hope I can get the place names of the few who have dropped by since
yesterday who did not write to the "Where..." thread at povray.general.
Or I'll just look it up myself and figure it has to be right.
Reminds me, a text file of all this will be there later too, just for
posterity's sake.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV