POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Map of "Where are you?" : Re: Map of "Where are you?" Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:14:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Map of "Where are you?"
From: Ken
Date: 21 Feb 1999 16:21:11
Message: <36D07853.F54FE4C0@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Yes, it was dark and still is a bit so. Thought I'd go with a night time
> look on the world with POV-Ray user locations acting as city lights seen
> from space kind of theme. It is a little brighter now, not much though,
> and the positions are marked more clearly. Another update has already
> been made too (so check your markers people!). Still another page-only
> update is about to be done again as well.

The problem I see with the current method is the countries with the
largest population centers are rotated virtualy out of site and those
places likely to have the least showing demographicaly are in plain
site. As you say it's your map, and you'll do as you wish, only I wish
that you would wish, to do it a little differently. There is no way I
could check my marker bcause there is no way I can see it the way it's
positioned now.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net