POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worn metal texture (again) : Re: Worn metal texture (again) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worn metal texture (again)
From: Chris Maryan
Date: 20 Feb 1999 20:23:31
Message: <36CF6086.B11D79A4@geocities.com>
The rust looks good, needs more dents and scratches, try something like
a bumps normal scaled until its very small. Then work on playing with
the diffuse, brilliance and specular (or phong if you are one of those
people) to lower the reflection without making it look like plastic (now
that I think about, that might not be the problem, try changing the
metal colour to something darker, it looks too much like polished
steel).
--
Chris Maryan
mailto:cma### [at] geocitiescom