POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : lavalamp [35k] : Re: lavalamp [35k] Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lavalamp [35k]
From: Ken
Date: 19 Feb 1999 18:17:31
Message: <36CDF0A5.FE98DD96@pacbell.net>
Spider wrote:

> > I have tried animating them but I can never get a nonrepeating
> > pattern to the blobs and still have them stay in the container.
>
> I once got started on a demo with this, but never got the hang of the
> math. It must be something depending on warmth and cooling off, at a
> certain point the warm fluids will break the gravity, and then draw
> upwards and cool off to fall down... any math genious around who can
> tell me what formulae to work on??>

A high sloping sine wave with a narrow duration might pull it of
but you would have to figure out how to recycle it back through
the loop. It's the intereaction with the other blobsd that was
really giving me problems. In most cases a blob in the real lamp
just slides past those that are of a differnt temperature. A blob
in the pov world likes to alter it's shape when it comes into contact
with other blobs.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net