POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More along shaggy lines (114K) : Re: More along shaggy lines (114K) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:12:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More along shaggy lines (114K)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 19 Feb 1999 08:21:27
Message: <36CD6532.67B9C82E@aol.com>
Yeah, my sentiments exactly (about the memory/object amount). I have a
Christmas tree written yet unrendered due to my meager 64 megs. Usually
there seems little need for such great numbers of "objects" in the
everyday scene, though this is an oversight since you never know when
you'll ditto objects so prolifically.
The shag is novel, like it a lot. I threw a food item away yesterday
that looked related to it.

Robert J Becraft wrote:

> Whoa... needs some brill-creme and a razor and you'll be done.
>
> I've run into the same problem... get around 120,000 objects and if you don't have a
machine with 100meg of memory or better,
> you top out about there for any kind of rendering.  I usually hope for enough detail
to say I've finished a particular scene

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV