POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : USA Flag for Mr. Parker & Mr. Tyler : I know. Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  I know.
From: Anthony Bennett
Date: 18 Feb 1999 13:47:43
Message: <36CC61B6.B824ADE2@panama.phoenix.net>
> I salute your efforts !

Thanks. I used flag.inc for the actual flag, and then textured it
myself. I am going to try Mr. Parker's approach with an all-POV textured
version. Check again soon.

> Not to put too much emphasis on it but the star field looks
> disproportionatly large for the scale of the flag. Regardless
> it is highly recognizable for what it is and seeing old glory
> up there on the screen, flying in all of her majesty, makes me
> proud to be an American.

Yes, I know. The problem is that I want the flag to be the same size as
my Panamanian flag (5x4) and I noticed in a picture in a book that the
blue part reaches until the seventh band (4th red band) and that it
seems to be in the same proportion of 5x4, like a mini-flag in the flag.
So I tried my best to make it appropriately sized. Anyhoo, I'm still
working on it. (The actual project is now finished, but I will perfect
the flag as a seperate project.)

It also makes me proud. My problem is I'm bi-national (Panama+USA) so I
have a little trouble distributing my pride and respect for one or
another. They are both countries that have something to love. Oh, well.
Thanks again.