POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another grass pic : Re: Another grass pic Server Time
5 Oct 2024 05:11:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another grass pic
From: Mark Palmquist
Date: 17 Feb 1999 19:10:32
Message: <36CB5ABC.C2B3842F@earthlink.net>
Just a note, IBM's Pacific Blue posted 3.9 TerraFLOPs when running for Los Alamos
Labs.  and
I just saw a note about a computer that did 12 TerraOPs (4 bit intiger math NOT
Floating point).  Port POV to Pacific Blue and I think most scenes would render in
20 Minutes or less, even 'STRIKE' at 1024x768 AA3, Focal blur and all lights
converted to area lights!  It would be fun to watch it anyway.

Just my 2 cents......