POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunset (87.3 Kb) : Re: Sunset (87.3 Kb) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunset (87.3 Kb)
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 17 Feb 1999 14:11:11
Message: <36CB1479.CBFBFA22@fv.aetec.ee>
Nicolas wrote:

> Can anyone gives his opinion about this image ?
It's quite good. No, I'm lying, it's damn good!

> And also possible improvement that can be done ?

But as always, there is little room for improvement: this is the reason,
why I have nil finished pictures: I just can't make them perfect :-(
The color transition from the sky to horizon seems to be a little bit
too rough, as Ken already pointed out.
Other thing, which could be improved, is the horizon itself: usually
horizon's illumination is highest in the sun's direction and drops from
there; in the direction opposite to sun horizon is not illuminated. In
Your picture horizon seems to be illuminated uniformly: the yellow
"ribbon" has same height from left to right, though it should be fall
(and become darker) in right side of picture. May-be little rotation
will help here, as sun is quite in left side and rising of illuminated
part over the sun in will not become too obvious? Of course I don't
know, how You made this picture, so maybe it will not work?