POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 50k+ Cheap Grass : Re: 50k+ Cheap Grass Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:14:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 50k+ Cheap Grass
From: Mel
Date: 17 Feb 1999 09:51:33
Message: <36CAD59A.32C84BB8@america.net>
Spider wrote:

> Well, i've been trying to match the competition in my own little way,
> making a texture for grass. It's not perfect, it's hardly good, but
> then, for what I plan to use it it will perhaps be enough.
> Thios shot is taken from a distance of y=16, z=-8, x=0, to a plane.
>
> Please give me comments on this.

Not bad, at least as long as you don't need to see individual blades.
(And I got the impression you won't)  The only complaint I might have is
that there doesn't seem to be enough darker shades to make up the usual
shadows.  Then again, I haven't seen your file, and it could just be the
light.   Or maybe it's just that really fine, short kind of grass.  :>

   later...
     Mel