POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Transparency(Got me) : Re: Transparency(Got me) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:11:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparency(Got me)
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 17 Feb 1999 05:04:39
Message: <36CA939F.9A663410@remove-this.reading.ac.uk>
Just my ha'penthworth on the transparency/filter dichotomy.

    I've always thought of 'filter' as being the effect caused by transparent
plastic, whereas 'transparency' would be caused by putting many very small
holes in an opaque plastic.

    I find this helps me visualize where I need to use each.

    Bye for now,
        Mike Andrews.

Spider wrote:

> Hmm, i'm now really caught in this seemingly simple thing of
> transparency.
> Here is another scene.
> TopLeft is transmitting, TopRight is Filtering
> Lowleft is more transmitting than filtering (2/3 to 1/3)
> Lowright is more filtering than transmitting (2/3 to 1/3)
>
> it is an orthographic camera( I wanted to learn it, and I did :-)
>
> I used a blueish colour as base this time.

[code snipped]