POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunset (87.3 Kb) : Re: Sunset (87.3 Kb) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:12:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunset (87.3 Kb)
From: Ken
Date: 17 Feb 1999 03:27:59
Message: <36CA7D31.2628D5A4@pacbell.net>
Nicolas wrote:

> Can anyone gives his opinion about this image ?
> And also possible improvement that can be done ?
>
> thanx in advance.
>
> Nicolas.

From the very bottom of the screen to the top of the tallest peak I would
change nothing at all. That part is beautiful. For the top half I think the
colors used can work for you but need to blend better with each other or the
shade of the purple used is a bit too light still.

If your purple color numbers look like - rgb < 0.40, 0.20, 0.50>
a small shift in the numbers like this - rgb < 0.37, 0.17, 0.47>

would keep the same color but the color will shift to a darker shade as the
numbers are dropped. This subtle shift in the shade of the color will blend
it better into the contrasting darker background above.

Another possibility would be:
Maybe add a small amount of filter to the colors to thin them out into the
dark almost night sky or possibly shift the color map entries a little bit
and allow the black area to have a bit more dominance over the other colors.

It's very close the way it is and with a little tweaking on your part I think
you will have a completed work on your hands.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net