POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Box with no lights" experiment (40 k) : Re: "Box with no lights" experiment (40 k) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:13:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Box with no lights" experiment (40 k)
From: Mike
Date: 12 Feb 1999 21:42:32
Message: <36C4E58A.66E2D44E@aol.com>
One thing you can try is raising the low_error_factor to 0.8 or .9.  For
some reason the smoothing doesn't seem to work as well when it's lower.
Either that or the samples aren't evenly dispersed at the lower setting.
To be honest I'm not sure why it is, but the blocky patterns are
definitely an artifact of the mosaic preview.

Also try raising the distance_maximum and reduce minimum_reuse.

-Mike