POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worn metal texture : Re: Worn metal texture Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worn metal texture
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 12 Feb 1999 20:53:11
Message: <36C4DADE.52565B96@aol.com>
Only thing I might suggest is to try is:

 texture{
   dents
   scale <.03, .05, .03>
   turbulence .75
   texture_map{
     [0 MaskTex_1]
     [0.05 MaskTex_1]
     [0.2 MaskTex_1]
     [0.25 MaskTex_1]
     [0.95 MaskTex_2]
     [1 MaskTex_2]
   }
 }

or some such similar thing to keep from blending the textures so much.
The fact that the outline of the mask is still conforming only to the
actual object shape doesn't help for these sorts of things either.
But there could be a problem with the normals getting washed out by
being in a texture_map too. This usually requires bumping up (excuse the
pun please) the normal amounts before they go into the final texture.
Hope I helped and not hindered :)

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV