POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Box with no lights" experiment (40 k) : Re: "Box with no lights" experiment (40 k) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:14:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Box with no lights" experiment (40 k)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 12 Feb 1999 20:42:44
Message: <36C4D86B.2B45D601@aol.com>
I was going to say the same thing, the wall looks "built" of something
this way.
I have yet to see a really smooth radiosity. You can only try to keep
the distance_maximum pretty small (much less than the 1/3 rule), the
count high (250), and minimum_reuse within a good range (0.01), far as I
know.
Another thing is to have a normal applied to everything, at a small
scale/amount. Tends to even out the radiosity it seems, even if its
granular still.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV