POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Memory Managment : Re: Memory Managment Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:36:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory Managment
From: Ken
Date: 12 Feb 1999 11:03:05
Message: <36C4506E.66706AD7@pacbell.net>
Phoenix wrote:

> 'T was on Fri, 12 Feb 1999 02:18:44 -0800,
> that Ken wrote:
> >   What I don't understand is with 128 megs of ram memory on board why would my
> > swap file ever grow so large when the system memory is sufficient to cover the
> > use of the programs being run ? I know the speed increase of using ram memory
> > over swap file memory is significant and would prefer to run in that environment.
>
> Start up the system monitor and see how much memory is used at the
> moment. You'd be surprised to see how much memory is already hogged up at
> startup...
>
> It's a Windows thing. Don't try to understand it...   :|
>
> Phoenix

While I appreciate your comments I was hoping to get just a little
bit more than that's just the way things are. Are there alternatives
to the way I have my system set up so as to optimize the performance
or is windows and the program conspiring against me.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net