POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Desk Tidy - My 1st Image : Re: Desk Tidy - My 1st Image Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desk Tidy - My 1st Image
From: Ken
Date: 12 Feb 1999 07:42:20
Message: <36C4215F.8A738BC9@pacbell.net>
Peter Houston wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have only been experimenting with 3D Graphics since about October 98, and
> I only got hold of POV-Ray in December,  After working through the examples
> in the docs, I set myself the task of entering the IRTC (still in progress),
> this image is one I have been working on at the same time, as a test piece
> for different modelling techniques.
>
> All the objects are either CSG's or sPatch Models.
>
> Rendering time: 2h 51m on a P133 w/128Mb Ram
>
> Any feedback welcome.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter H.

For a beginner I think you have a pretty good grasp of the fundamentals.
As far as suggestions I recommend trying a ripples normal with a high
frequency on the roll of tape. It might give the impression of multiple
layers. The same could be done to the edges of the books with a gradient
normal to make it look more like individual pages. Other than that I don't
think you need to many more suggestions because it looks well thought
out and well executed. I would suggest to the owner of the desk to use
his/her desk tidy a bit more instead of littering the desk top :)

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net