POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : mixing POV code with C++ : Re: POV source errors Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV source errors
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 12 Feb 1999 03:14:33
Message: <36C3E3A8.E381FEDB@geocities.com>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> Hmm, this is strange. Where were these changes required? In the core code or
> in the platform specific code? The core code itself should compile without
> error using a C++ compiler...if it does not, it would be very interesting
> where VC had problems.

Just as an aside, when I built the source using VC 5, I get about 710 warnings.
In my experience this is not the best state to leave code in, so what's the
current status on this? (i.e. is it a known and desired state, just something
that needs time to get to, just something to annoy MS compiler users... :-)