POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Posted for Nb : Re: Posted for Nb Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:13:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Posted for Nb
From: Bob and Kelly Crispen
Date: 12 Feb 1999 00:08:27
Message: <36C3B6EC.18AA031F@hiwaay.net>
Dan Connelly wrote:

> The attached image is posted for NBr### [at] energiscouk ....
> JPEG compression artifacts are my fault.  He asked me to post
> it here.

Wow!  It's got kind of a lparser look to it, but obviously under
control.  Man, I love what you did with that geometry.  It just
flows, and then the steps on the sides break it up and kind of
-- you will now see why I'm not an architectural critic --
anchor it somehow.  They're functional elements that say, overtly,
"We're STEPS" and keep it from becoming *too* flowing.  And then
the little feet on the upper platform kind of soften the contrast
between the steps and the flowing elements.

Shoot.  I'm tongue tied, but I really like it.  About the only
thing that doesn't work is the transition between the round
and square.  I think if you had more shininess on the surfaces,
taking better advantage of the specular thingy, you could
bring out that contrast better.

Maybe I should have stuck with Wow!
--
Bob Crispen