POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Area51 new version : Re: Area51 new version Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Area51 new version
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 11 Feb 1999 20:49:52
Message: <36C38898.21B1B20F@aol.com>
Amazing isn't it? That you can have so many "spotlights" and not turn a
render into a week long event. I noticed this before myself.
Looking good enough to me (it is supposed to be in darkess after all)
except for the UFO lights; you are probably going to have to do
artificial adjustments on them to get a proper amount of light while
both in complete darkness and under a light source. The one down by the
buildings is noticably brighter (light-wise) than the other 2. Darkening
its lights and brightening the other two UFOs lights would seem in
order, unless you don't want to listen to me.
This is the same problem that occurs in many situations, where the
illumination of lights or objects appear to increase too much. Like an
addition of the colors rather than some form of multiplication, ie.
rgb<0.9,0.8,0.7> + rgb<0.7,0.8,0.9> = rgb<1.6,1.6,1.6> which could
instead be (rgb<0.9,0.8,0.7> * rgb<0.7,0.8,0.9>) * Lfactor =
rgb<1.26,1.28,1.26>, where Lfactor is 2 in this case. Brighter yet not
as bright as the other way.
I don't know the inner workings of the actual scheme at all, mind you,
just suggesting what seems to be going on. And this seemed yet another
example to bring it up. Sorry if I've annoyed anyone.
Nice picture, Gemelli.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV