POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : feature/plugin request : Re: feature/plugin request Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: feature/plugin request
From: Psychomek
Date: 11 Feb 1999 16:07:11
Message: <36C34616.3DA6A8CB@cyberhighway.net>
Alexander Enzmann wrote:

> Psychomek wrote:
> >
> > how about a plugin that will actually read :
> >
> > *.raw, *.3ds, *.prj, *.asc, *.iob, *.obj, *.lwo, *.lws, *.dxf, *.pob,
> > *.pov, *.obj, *.obt, *.wrl, and a few more ....
> > I copied these extent ions off of the 3dwin web site....   but as i see
> > it, it would be better to have a plugin that would read these formats
> > and allow moray to use them... maybe even make a CSG or a mesh out of
> > them (which ever would be more feasible). if whoever takes on this
> > ENORMOUS task perhaps maybe cutting down to the most common formats
> > (DXF, 3DS, COB, and maybe Lightwave formats)
>
> Gee, my renderer plugin also includes import for .obj and .3ds meshes.
> For the 3DS files it also translates the textures and attaches them to
> the appropriate pieces (you can then go edit the parameters of the
> textures if you don't like what you got).  Even if you never use the
> rendering functions, the importers are there.
>
> As far as .raw files go, Moray supports that internally - click the raw
> object button, select the .raw file and you are all set.
>
> Xander

I was thinking maybe as a replacement for 3dwin or if possible a more up to
date version of it. I use 3dwin myself and i have problems importing
Lightwave formats and others. but i was suggesting maybe instead of an
execute file use a plugin file....   (Psy is thinking maybe that would free
up some memory????)  as for the raw files....  they always look like an early
try of computer art when ever i try to use them in moray...   (SEE BELOW)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pharoh.jpg' (8 KB)

Preview of image 'pharoh.jpg'