POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : feature/plugin request : Re: feature/plugin request Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: feature/plugin request
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 11 Feb 1999 09:09:33
Message: <36C2E306.D27C4600@mitre.org>
Psychomek wrote:

> how about a plugin that will actually read :
>
> *.raw, *.3ds, *.prj, *.asc, *.iob, *.obj, *.lwo, *.lws, *.dxf, *.pob,
> *.pov, *.obj, *.obt, *.wrl, and a few more ....
> I copied these extent ions off of the 3dwin web site....   but as i see
> it, it would be better to have a plugin that would read these formats
> and allow moray to use them... maybe even make a CSG or a mesh out of
> them (which ever would be more feasible). if whoever takes on this
> ENORMOUS task perhaps maybe cutting down to the most common formats
> (DXF, 3DS, COB, and maybe Lightwave formats)

Gee, my renderer plugin also includes import for .obj and .3ds meshes.
For the 3DS files it also translates the textures and attaches them to
the appropriate pieces (you can then go edit the parameters of the
textures if you don't like what you got).  Even if you never use the
rendering functions, the importers are there.

As far as .raw files go, Moray supports that internally - click the raw
object button, select the .raw file and you are all set.

Xander