POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another grass pic : Re: Another grass pic Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:13:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another grass pic
From: Ken
Date: 10 Feb 1999 12:05:07
Message: <36C1BC05.306A2692@pacbell.net>
Vahur Krouverk wrote:

> Buke wrote:
> >
> > I made some wallpaper for the computer where I work and thought it was
> > kinda neat . The grass is from the reeds_plugin.inc found on the
> > binaries scene files and the golf ball is something I found a long time
> > ago. I scanned our logo for the image_map. This took 15.5 hrs to render
> > on my  PII 450 (I'm making one for my wallpaper but this time I gave it
> > to my 300
> > to render I think it will take three days to finish. Line 190 after 21
> > hrs
> > going to 1280x1024). I like the one blade that threeds thru two of the
> > dimples.
> >                                    Buke
>
> Nice. No, very good. Only thing, which disturbs me, is too "strong"
> focal blur - a little bit bigger view depth would be better. IMHO, of
> course.

I didn't want to bring it up but that is a good point. I have done
a little photography over the years, both standard lenses and macros.
In shots like this you will get a little out of focus on the peripheries
but the vignetting should mostly occur around the square courners of
the image and not with a straight demarcation line like I have been
seeing lately around here. The focal blur will conform to the round
shape of the lens.

This is YAGGI and the goof ball is excellent. Where is the Tee ?

  #declare GolfTee =
  union     {
  difference{
  cylinder  { y*4, y*6, 1}
  sphere    { y*8, 2.25}
  torus     { 1, 0.8 scale <1,2.25,1> translate y*4}}
  cylinder  { y*0.295, y*4.99, 0.2}
  cone      { 0, 0, y*0.95, 0.2}}

  object {GolfTee translate y*-3.5
  pigment{red 1}
  finish {ambient 0.3 diffuse 0.35 phong 0.25}
  normal {gradient x .5 scale<0.05,.5,0.05>}}

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net