POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Spray plugin problems. : Spray Plugin Problems Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Spray Plugin Problems
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 10 Feb 1999 07:27:36
Message: <36C179A5.E1FC2E78@mitre.org>
Simon de Vet wrote:

> Alex Magidow wrote:
>
> > Well, actually, I just reinstalled the old v.6b( the unupdated one, around 70k.
> > The newer one, v.7, is about 50k.), which had worked fine before, and still works
> > now. It works perfectly.
>
> Ok.. mine have never worked, and version.

By any chance are the people having problems using Visual Studio 6?
[Most notably C++ 6] - The spray plugin loaded just fine for me up until
I upgraded from VC5 to VC6.  The symptom I get is an access violation in
the CString class during the load operation.

You could also get this sort of problem if you have installed programs
built with VC6 - there is a new runtime MSVCRT.DLL/MSVCRTD.DLL (as well
as the standard MFC42.DLL) that purports to give improved heap
management.  If these were installed you could have problems.  On the MS
web site it notes that these can be incompatible with code built in
earlier versions of VC (they say it's not a bug...).

Service Pack 2 is supposed to fix these problems.  I installed it and
still have the same error.

Xander