POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Life In The Toybox 1 (JPG ~70k) : Re: Life In The Toybox 1 (JPG ~70k) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life In The Toybox 1 (JPG ~70k)
From: Alex McMurray
Date: 8 Feb 1999 23:51:29
Message: <36BF9306.FA573C55@melbpc.org.au>
Bob Hughes wrote:

>  I was rather surprised to see this is
> jpeg and not gif though. Real grainy for a jpeg. Using a night-vision
> camera or something? j/k
> --
>  omniVERSE: beyond the universe
>   http://members.aol.com/inversez/POVring.htm
> =Bob

Hi Bob,
   the "night Vision" graininess was my attempt to create my own textures in
Moray, then render them in POV.  It did not work as expected, although the
posted image came out worse looking than the rendered version that I thought
was posted.
  I re-rendered the scene in POV, using POV textures and it came out grain
free. must be something I am doing wrong.  (when all else fails, read the
instructions. :-))

I have since moved up a version in both Moray and POV.

--
  ,-._|\  Alex McMurray
 /  Oz  \ ale### [at] melbpcorgau               Melbourne PC User Group.