POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lighthouse Scene : Re: Lighthouse Scene Server Time
5 Oct 2024 13:38:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighthouse Scene
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 8 Feb 1999 03:42:23
Message: <36BEA34C.586A9A43@aol.com>
Yes, yes, I know it was originally Darcy who posted a lighthouse that
"appeared" tilted. Better keep those analytical mind gears greased or
there might be a grinding halt later. j/k

Ken, you sure seem to have something there about looking at the center
of the picture to make the lighthouse seem correct. In fact if I look
all the way from left to the right it changes the lean dramatically. Or
is that an illusion too? Oh yeah, of course, definition of illusion is
to appear differently than actually is.

Mark, about Netscape (using Communicator 4.5 here) and turning off html
posting, think you just go to Edit/Preferences then
Mail&Newsgroups/Formatting and click the radio button next to "Use the
plain text editor to compose messages" under the Message Formatting. May
be similar if other version too.
And adding an image to a posting is done with File/Attach/File... in the
menu or Attach button on toolbar of , once again, Communicator. Don't
suppose you are actually reading and posting directly from Netscape
alone anyway, or are you?
But then, if I get here through the news://news.povray.org/ url and try
same procedure I just described above.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob