POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Space Needle again minus city : Re: Space Needle again minus city Server Time
5 Oct 2024 05:10:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Needle again minus city
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 7 Feb 1999 17:44:34
Message: <36BE17E2.EF1D2A93@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Really great. I posted something, I thought, to the first post you made
> I guess but I didn't see the moon picture in the other newsreader.
> This makes me think the bump_map is too much for a Moon viewed from
> Earth, yours look very much as if through binoculars. Guess the shadowy
> place is a cloud? Or is that in the image_map? I see you mapped it
> planar onto a sphere too, surprised to see that work out so well. Only
> problem I see with it is the brown areas. Maybe thats on the image_map
> itself too?

It's a cloud! I tried to send you an email after I messed up the
attachment but the AOL postmaster told me that they couldn't find you! A
bump_map for this distance is maybe too much. What I did was some work
on the image. The image can be found at
http://spaceart.com/solar/raw/moon/ . It was stated that this image has
been made from Apollo. So it looked very much B&W. I changed the colors
to a more yellowish tone but this is really a matter of taste.
The second thing I did was to turn this pic into a Targa file with an
alpha channel. This way it gets the shadow at the left side that has the
color of the sky.

Marc
P.S.: I try to send this as an email too! Just to check if I can reach
you.
--
Marc Schimmler