POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bookends : Re: Bookends Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:13:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bookends
From: Kyle
Date: 7 Feb 1999 14:06:10
Message: <36BDE41A.CA417E4E@geocities.com>
yeah, I've never been able to figure out how to make a realistic "earth"
either :-(

As far as file size/resolution goes....I think there was a thread a
couple of weeks ago about that.  One thing to remember, if someone's
attaching an image to one's post, he should probably include the file
size in the subject line.  IE "Bookends - .jpg 30K"  or something like
that.  Personally, it doesn't make any difference to me what size or
resolution the image is when people post, I just like seeing what people
have managed to do with POVray. Many people with pay-per-minute internet
access might mind large files though, making including the size in the
subject even more important.  As far as resolution goes, I'd say 320x200
for test pics...maybe 640x400 or 800x600 for finals?  640x400 was fine
for yours.
I'm not sure exactly how .jpg compression works, but i'd say don't
compress it so far that quality is degraded.  But also, I would try to
keep the file size at least under 75K or so. I usually compess mine 5%
and there doesn't seem to be any lost quality at all.
Hope that helps :-)
		Kyle