POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Space Needle again minus city : Re: Space Needle again minus city Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:13:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Needle again minus city
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 6 Feb 1999 23:38:55
Message: <36BD18BD.B11F48EE@aol.com>
Ah yes, I felt it a bit un-pov-like to use the externally made image_map
and hf. But then that is something pov can do well, taking in external
sources, and rendering them.
I did use a part of the poster I drew this from as a city backdrop but
I'm going to remove the image from my "gallery". Don't want to have a
copyrighted piece of material there, although it is only a section of
the poster; none-the-less, it goes.
Wish now I had thought to get a photo last time I was there, last 2
times for that matter. I do have a skyline picture from Alki Beach
across the bay but that's no good for realities sake and it is a pretty
small and distant view.
Thanks much Ken for the praise. I'll build a shrine to me and say you
endorsed it :) That should mean something.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob