POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HF behavior (2 images) 127Kb : Re: HF behavior (2 images) 127Kb Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HF behavior (2 images) 127Kb
From: Ken
Date: 6 Feb 1999 19:47:07
Message: <36BCE25B.49E2FAFB@pacbell.net>
GrimDude wrote:

> I traced this up to 1280x1024, with the resulting two images (we'll bypass
> the scene data for now). In the wetnes hf file (actually it is a severally
> cropped portion of wetnes) you can see the areas that are suspicious. Then
> you can see the error in the reflection of Silty. It's hardly noticeable,
> but I thought I'd ask if this is a known thing, or is there something
> obvious to any of you? :(
>
> I'll search through the faq's now! :) heh
>
> --
> GrimDude
> vos### [at] arkansasnet

It's hard to say for sure but it may be that because the
extrusion there is so pronounced it is confusing pov about
which side is the correct surface normal for that area.
Or perhaps the extrusion is the closesest object to the
light source and is giving more diffused lighting reflection
than the other rougher elements of the scene.
 Perhaps it is related to the normal average bug that is fixed
in the bug fixed version of pov now being release on compuserve
but no where else yet but hopefully soon.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet