POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Space Needle again minus city : Re: Space Needle again minus city Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Needle again minus city
From: Ken
Date: 6 Feb 1999 19:32:05
Message: <36BCDED4.BC575A21@pacbell.net>
GrimDude wrote:

> He's posted one I can read now. :)
>
> I like the image. I think that Rainier is a little close, but I know the
> foothills are really *more* jagged. The overall effect is still excellent.
> I've been near the spot you have depicted, save perhaps that the precise
> spot is inside of something. I know there are a lot of trees nearby, the
> science fair, the air museum, and buildings off in the distance. This should
> be possible, though require patience and dedication.
>
> Still, you've done a lot already!
>
> KOT,
> GrimDude
> vos### [at] arkansasnet

Well since he already cheated <G> and used an image map for the moon
why not use artistic license and use an image map of the seattle
sky line and add it ala silluoette in the background ? The emphasis
of the image is the uniquely shaped space needle anyway and perhaps
no one will notice.

BTW looking good Bob.

--
Ken Tyler