POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Space Needle again minus city : Re: Space Needle again minus city Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Needle again minus city
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 6 Feb 1999 16:40:49
Message: <36BCB6BE.178AE5DA@aol.com>
Thanks for the encouragement to keep at it.
How about getting a working picture in here next time? Your moonex.gif
didn't show up in Netscape Communicator newsreader, Windows Explorer
preview or Picture Publisher. Seems to be broken, says error opening.
Ambient set at 3.0 huh? Talk about sounding pretty bright.
I intentionally went for a very luminous moon so it would look like a
photo that doesn't compensate for the brightness versus all the darker
parts, hence the fairly well lit landscape. No way was I going to try
for individual trees, but I have plans for faking it.
As for Seattle scenery, only idea there is for adding the monorail train
in but probably only for a ground level view. Afraid that putting
buildings in would mess it up since I'd probably only manage to make
randomized ones that don't appear right. Never really know though,
there's always a chance, isn't there?

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob