POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Space Needle again minus city : Space Needle again minus city Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Space Needle again minus city
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 6 Feb 1999 15:32:45
Message: <36BCA6A4.4D563876@aol.com>
This is yet another rendition of a scene I've been returning to off and
on over the past year or so. Forget about the "city" of Seattle, it
ain't gonna happen! At least not in the near future (if ever).
Moon is a NASA image and Mount Ranier is a USGS DEM (actually 3
altogether but only slivers of other 2 show here). The scaling of the
DEMs in the upward direction seems to distort the height_field somewhat
but I had to try and get the actual mountain elevation to look correct.
The terrain is not as jagged in real life.
Oh yeah, I've thought about adding in a gamma correction helper graphic
to my images so others may at least attempt to see what they are
supposed to be seeing. This ones in the bottom right corner, obviously;
tried to keep it tiny yet observable. 100% red, green, blue, black, and
white.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob