POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Life In The Toybox 1 (JPG ~70k) : Re: Life In The Toybox 1 (JPG ~70k) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:13:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life In The Toybox 1 (JPG ~70k)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 6 Feb 1999 15:12:59
Message: <36BCA227.634D58F0@aol.com>
Courage? It takes no courage to post here, just povray time spent which
you apparently are building up.
From what I can tell there's a fairly good look to this scene, not
exactly a work of art maybe, however does show your setting things up
well reflection and lighting-wise. I was rather surprised to see this is
jpeg and not gif though. Real grainy for a jpeg. Using a night-vision
camera or something? j/k
Keep it up, the fun is in the output images, not the making, as far as
I'm concerned anyway. That's the work part.

Alex McMurray wrote:

> After 12 months of part time playing with POV, I have finally worked
> up the courage to post my first proper image.
> A model of a home made wooden train, (a friend made it in his workshop
> for my young son).
> The train is supposedly in a wooden toybox with a small penlite torch
> as the only light source.  I added the red light from the rail
> crossing to add a second light source on advice from my older son, he
> has been using POV longer than I. His works at:-
> Peter McMurray      http://www.alphalink.com.au/~makka/
>
> I'm only using the basic primitives, but it is a start.
>
> Modelled in Moray, rendered in POV-Ray

> [Image]
>
> --
>   ,-._|\   Alex McMurray
>  /  Oz  \ ale### [at] melbpcorgau               Melbourne PC User
> Group.
>  \_,--.x/ Australia

 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob