POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fireworks, final. (101k+ JPG) : Re: Fireworks, final. (101k+ JPG) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:13:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fireworks, final. (101k+ JPG)
From: Ken
Date: 4 Feb 1999 18:47:53
Message: <36BA3174.ADF6FC95@pacbell.net>
Spider wrote:

> Hello pplz.
> For all those of you who have given me tips/feedback, thankyou.
> Here goes a final(almost) preview o the fireworks.
>
> The .inc file is ready, and will be uploaded in .text.scene-files. after
> this post is finished.
> As for the image, it has some 20k objects in it. Tree from wintrees,
> recursion level 7.
>
> HF is rather big, made in PSP.
> fog, and some explosions.
> I'm not alltogether happy with the red explosion to the right, it melted
> too much with the beams I put there, perhaps should have made those in
> another colour... :-(
>
> Well, here goes.
>
> //Spider

While the structure of the f'works looks good you seem to
have lost something from your first posts two these last
two. They look, I dunno, 2D where before they had a good
3D look. Also the intensity of the bursts are nor bright
enough considering the darkness of the setting. I don't
want you to think I am beeing overly critical here because
it is a great image. It just doesn't feel right somehow.

Maybe in your attempts to reduce the object count and memory
usage you had to sacrifice a bit ? I have been there and done
that.

By the way you may recall me telling you I was going to upgrade
my memory this last weekend ? I did - my system has 196 megs now.
Yes I am bragging and I don't care who knows it !

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet