POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : url to homewardbound2.jpg : Re: url to homewardbound2.jpg Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: url to homewardbound2.jpg
From: Scott McDonald
Date: 4 Feb 1999 11:14:02
Message: <36B9C6BC.72CD815D@metrolink.com>
Josh English wrote:

> Scott, all I can say is "wow" you've done it. Even I, as nitpicky as I've
> been of this image, can't make another suggestion. I still want to see the
> masthead for a pulp magazine over it, tho.

that idea i'm still playing with.  i can do it easily post production,
and have a few ideas how to do it effectively with POV but may wait for
that - getting the camera set up to get the composition i wanted in the
first place was fun enough ;)  i may have to redo the scene from near
scratch to get the perspective to make it a magazine cover...

> It's amazing what the fog does for the colors. The version without fog
> looks odd, possibly becauseof the different camera position, the depth of
> that image doesn't work, but it does with the fog...

yep.  fog is an amazingly wonderful thing isn't it?  :)  now if i could
just figure out media....

> btw, I'm not sure that a lot of magazine covers used focal blurs...

i don't think they sent photographers out to other planets either ;)

|Colin Scott McDonald                                  Metro Link, Inc.|
|                     veni, vici, in dominum redirre                   |
|sco### [at] metrolinkcom                                  www.metrolink.com|