POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The following evening... : Re: The following evening... Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The following evening...
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 3 Feb 1999 10:40:58
Message: <36B86DF3.209C6902@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Abe wrote:

> I managed to get a little more control over the sunset colors - still not
> entirely satisfied with the atmosphere though. And yes, I know, the HF texture
> is awful, but this can go on forever and a few of you wanted the script (I'll
> put it up in povray.binaries.scene-files).
>
> Abe

You give hope to the lost souls in the sea of media!!

Your picture has improved a lot. The clouds look really good.
I just think that the red at the horizon is a bit too strong, too bright
for me  ... can't find the right words for this.
Maybe there is a place where the sunset looks this way.

I fear of asking how many hours this took render but I do it anyway. How
many on what kind of machine?

If you work on the HF this picture should become awfully good!

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler