POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: soft text (with image) : Re: soft text (with image) Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: soft text (with image)
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 3 Feb 1999 09:19:03
Message: <36B85328.5D241D4C@xs4all.nl>
Rudy Velthuis wrote:

> Remco de Korte schrieb in Nachricht <36B7BB8B.89B347C1@xs4all.nl>...
> >For those who are interested in using 3D-text:
> >I've made a simple, rude tool that creates soft text-objects. You type in
> some
> >text, press the button and out comes an include-file with the code. It
> takes a
> >while to parse, but perhaps you can use it as a starting-point.
> >It's Windows95/98 only, sorry for the other OSsies.
> >You can download it at http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/zip/softtext.zip
> >If you have any comments please let me know. Perhaps I'll even change it
> around
> >a bit (initially I wrote the thing for my own use).
>
> Nice. Very, very nice! I've been looking for something like that. Much
> better than the straight or beveled text, most modellers offer.
>
> Did you write this in Delphi (or Pascal at least)? Is the source code free?
> I'd really like to have a look at it. If possible, could you somehow make
> the sources public or e-mail them to me (only if possible!)?
>
> BTW, now I know what you could use the guiext stuff for. I'll really try to
> finish this today or tomorrow and send you and Christopher Fairbairn a
> preliminary.
> --
> Rudy Velthuis

You can have the source code although it feels like revealing my butt again. If
you like I'll mail it to you.
Actually this was not what I wanted the original GUI-stuff for. I am working on
another editor for a cartoonfigure which is much more complicated. This was just
a sidestep and I thought I could show what I was trying to do and how far I got
with using POVray. If you can get it together in a way I can understand I'd be
most grateful, but please don't feel the need to hurry on my account. I'm not
planning to make any bigtime stuff, just the complicated but crappy editor for
my own use and the odd small thing that might come out of this. If I knew a way
to incorporate POV in another program I can easily imagine all sorts of simple
apps to generate INC-files. I'm much more comfortable in Delphi that I am in
POV-macro's (although I like those very much too).

Regards,

Remco