POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : 3D Util : Re: 3D Util Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Util
From: Ken
Date: 2 Feb 1999 21:08:49
Message: <36B7AF92.B5395AB5@pacbell.net>
Tim Riley wrote:

> "povray.org admin team" wrote:
> > 'This is the first beta release of 3DUtil, version 0.01. It's a basic 3D
> > triangle modeler that uses a winged-edge representation to ensure that models
> > stay clean. It uses OpenGL to do most of its rendering. Objects can have
> > textures on them and be placed in scenes. Scenes can either be rendered or
> > exported when you finish with them. You can import BMP, TGA, JPEG, and PCX as
> > textures, and you can export as BMP or TGA. You can export scenes as POV-Ray
> > scenes.'
> --
>
> It expects to find HHCTRL.OCX, which is part of IE4.0, and the HTML Help
> package (and, I assume WIN98). Is there a source for this module for those
> of us currently running WIN95 w/o IE4.0?

You can find it here --
http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/author/htmlhelp/localize.asp

I contacted the programs author and he is also going to add
the file to his web page and it should be available there soon.
He also mentioned that he will be trying to get bug fixes and
improvements to the modeler on a weekly basis so check back
often.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet