POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fireworks again :( (65Kb) : Re: Fireworks again :( (65Kb) Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fireworks again :( (65Kb)
From: Spider
Date: 2 Feb 1999 11:46:16
Message: <36B72A9B.A55A5A70@bahnhof.se>
I've heard a lot of arguments against me here.
let me explain my algorithm for fireworks, this is the one I based my
assumption that it would be difficult to angle a disc correctly.

It uses several macros, the lowest level macro only creates a circle of
spheres, centrum in <0,0,0> and then spacing an amount of small glowing
pices in this.

next level uses this, to create a globe of sphres, calling the circle
macro to create each circle and then rotating them around. We now have a
globe where the spheres are spaced evenly all around a radius.

Next macro creates several of theese globes, in different radiuses and
different spacings, and also unions them. Before this, there are no such
things as unions.

This gives me a possibility to make an explosion with a very dense inner
set of globes, and that thin out the further they come.d
Of course, thre is some amount of randomizatiion applied to each object,
an the colour and ambient values are faded from inside to outside,
making it look a bit more like an explosion.

To make this working with a disc and rotation, there would be neccessary
for me to make it into one loop(not a big problem, cut'n'paste) next
step would be to calculate rotation and counteract theese, then it all
would work, but not as it is applied now. And, I'm not skilled enough to
make this calculation.

Furthermore, this would vastly increase parsing time for the explosions,
thus removing the small optimisations I have done so far...

//Spider