POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Homeward Bound Yet Again [90k] : Re: Homeward Bound Yet Again [90k] Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Homeward Bound Yet Again [90k]
From: Jerry Anning
Date: 2 Feb 1999 00:23:00
Message: <36B68BB3.F68FC9A6@dhol.com>
Scott McDonald wrote:

> > about whether it is a good dicission to preview your work here
> > before the judging of the competition starts. Some feel it might
> > give unfair advantage from early exposure ( I disagree) and others
> > feel you may be harming yourself, by giving it too much exposure,
>
> ah.  forget it, i'll scrap it now then.  didn'trealize that.

Don't do that!  It does have the makings of a competitive image.  While the
thing Ken warns about can happen, I don't think that it bothers most judges, and
I know that at least one IRTC first place winner was previewed for critique
before it was entered.  IRTC is about making good images and showing others your
work and above all learning to be a better tracer.  "Winning", while nice, is or
should be a secondary consideration.  Many regular entrants have never even come
close to winning, but they have become far better at tracing and had a lot of
fun as well.

Jerry Anning
cle### [at] dholcom