POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Parse storage. : Re: Parse storage. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parse storage.
From: Spider
Date: 1 Feb 1999 16:34:10
Message: <36B5FFBE.B3795322@bahnhof.se>
I'll reply to both answeres here...

As for a binary file, totally ok, if it only "mark" the code in some way
and make it re-doable, trhe point is to make the parsing take less time,
by exchanging the whole 30000 object creator loops while you work on
getting the fog and light to shimmer through it in a nice way, without
having to wait for a 15 minute parse time.

As for filesize, I don't think it will really matter in some cases, of
course, a built-in LZW or Huffman compression would fit nicely.

The main problem as I see it, is how to get the parser/storer7loader to
recognise if I have changed in a macro while parsing. But then, I don't
think that will be necessary, since the user can then simply reparse the
whole lot.

I am also afraid that this would ultimately kill my tree include
creator. ;-)

Well, I'm just thinking it could make life easier for us. If you dislike
the hugefile-size, lean back and wait each time you do a pre-render.
*grinning*

I know that ther reason I did the tree creator, was to have the trees in
a .inc so I didn't have to bother with waiting for a LOOONG LOONG time
for each parse of three or four trees while I tried to position them
"just right" for the scene.

//Spider