POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: homeward bound 2 : Re: homeward bound 2 Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: homeward bound 2
From: Bob and Kelly Crispen
Date: 31 Jan 1999 16:09:03
Message: <36B4C63B.A27CCDA3@hiwaay.net>
Dan Connelly wrote:

> Actually, it does remind me of the image "mars.jpg" which was
> entered into the Dec 1998 round.... the author even mentioned
> he was considering using Canada as the nationality of
> the space traveler.
>
> But this is sufficiently original that it isn't a problem.
> I like it!  The "retro" ship is a nice touch.

If you want, you're welcome to a mesh I did a couple of years ago
in TriSpectives pro of a retro rocket (he he he):
http://home.hiwaay.net/~crispen/worlds/rocket/2/rocket.wrl
If you need a VRML 1.0 model instead of a VRML 97 model, use
http://home.hiwaay.net/~crispen/worlds/rocket/1/rocket.wrl
(there's also some included files you'll need, but they're in
the same directory).

I haven't converted it to POV yet, but it shouldn't be that hard.
Paul Thiessen's vrml2pov converter
(http://cherubino.med.jhmi.edu/~paul/vrml2pov/)
breaks on the VRML 2 version, but it might work if you get rid
of the USEs.  Or you can use Crossroads on the VRML 1 model.
--
Bob & Kelly Crispen
cri### [at] hiwaaynet