POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just a room : Re: Just a room Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a room
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 30 Jan 1999 23:08:08
Message: <36B3D79B.EF51629A@Kopp.com>
Remco de Korte wrote:

> I should leave this to the lens-flare-experts, but I believe that such a thing
> occurs with sunlight, or perhaps strong spotlights and is used to create some
> dramatic effect (romantic, dynamic) that is out of place here. But that's just
> my feeble attempt at an opinion.

Lens flares happen all of the time... but most of the time they are so
subtle that you don't notice them.  Usually you just get a mild glow
around the source, and maybe a few sparkles.  You only get really visible
flare reflections if the light source is very bright (relative to the rest
of the scene).

-Nathan