POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Real Bowling Lane (kind of) ~54Kb : Re: Real Bowling Lane (kind of) ~54Kb Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real Bowling Lane (kind of) ~54Kb
From: Josh English
Date: 30 Jan 1999 15:38:35
Message: <36B36EBC.999D9FF@spiritone.com>
I made a nice hardwood floor texture that I'm using in a chess animation, it
might help spruce up the lane  a bit:

#declare Light_Wood = pigment { (some light wood from woods.inc) }
#declare Dark_Wood = pigment { {some dark wood pigment from woods.inc) }

#declare board_length = 2.5
#declare board_width = 0.45

object { whatever
               pigment { gradient y
                                 pigment_map { [ 0.0 Light_Wood ]
                                                             [ 1.0 Dark_Wood ] }

                                 warp { repeat board_length*z offset 0.35*y }
                                 warp { repeat board_width*x offset
<0,0.25,(board_length*1.5)> }
            }
I've attached an image of what this looked like in development.

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom

GrimDude wrote:

> Yeah. Oops! I accidently posted an image with post-processing (motion blur).
> Sorry.
>
> I sketched the outline of the pins on paper, until I got a believable shape.
> Then I plotted out a few points for a sor object. The dents and mars were,
> well..., textures. :) I did go to the trouble of plotting random
> translations to the textures, before applying them to the individual pins. I
> think I got a nice variation that way. Oh, and the pin 'decals' were
> generated with pov too.
>
> I would like to see your lane texture. My approach was to use a modified
> brick, heh.
>
> GrimDude
> vos### [at] arkansasnet

Post a reply to this message