POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Homeward Bound (84k) : Re: Homeward Bound (84k) Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Homeward Bound (84k)
From: Josh English
Date: 30 Jan 1999 15:24:17
Message: <36B36B5F.4AEF50D7@spiritone.com>
This is a great image, but in a way I think it's too clean.  If you go back to
this one, here are me suggestions:

The shadows from the figure and that of the space ship tell me that the light
source is very close instead of very far away.
There is no apparent way to into the ship, and it should look used.
The helmet should have a few cracks
The suit and the helmet should have some grime, since they've presumably been
there for a while

I know, nitpicky, but that would upgrade this (to my eyes) from fabulous to
amazing.

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom

(and if I seem too nit picky, I apologize... I  just spent  three hours fixing
the HTML for a web page that MS Publisher spat out)