POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fireworks(PNG)(22k+) : Re: Fireworks(PNG)(22k+) Server Time
5 Oct 2024 07:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fireworks(PNG)(22k+)
From: Ken
Date: 30 Jan 1999 12:06:29
Message: <36B33BF8.F35AA1CF@pacbell.net>
Graham Redway wrote:

> >>I'll be waiting... But, why the 5th ???
>
> I think this may be an English thing. All stemmed from a plot hundreds
> of years ago to burn down the houses of parliment and kill the king. I
> forget now. On the 5th Nov. is fireworks night, when we build huge
> bonfires and put 'Guys' on top of them. These 'Guys', as in Guy Fawkes
> are meant to be a representation of the bloke who's 'evil' plan it was.
>
>         Graham.

I suppose the English don't put much stock in the American
independance day celebration do they ? Nope suppose not.
The Chinese people use kilo tons of explosives each year to
celebrate the new year and the Mexican people use them for
their own Cinco de Mayo celebrations. Do the French use
fireworks on Bastille day ? I've seen several photos of
fireworks with the Eiffel Tower in the picture.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet